Five things I learned this week
January 29, 2012
Some of these are from more than a week ago, but so it goes…
- The Boston Athenaeum is beautiful. I took the picture above back in December when I went there with Mako, Mika, and Mayo.
- This list of “best metro data releases of 2011” from The Atlantic makes me want to fire up R and geek out for days.
- There’s a bluegrass band based in Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil). They’re pretty good and you can download their album for free.
- Estonia has a flat tax (less surprising was the extent to which The Economist swoons over it).
- Studio Pampa (a variety show from Rio Grande do Sul) + President Dilma Rousseff = Amazing (and don’t forget parts II and III).